Southern Miss football rated among best in Wall Street Journal Review | Sports & Recreation
For the second consecutive year, The University of Southern Mississippi football Golden Eagles are ranked among the nation’s top programs in the Wall Street Journal’s annual “Grid of Shame” review.
The “Grid” represents a subjective rating of every major college football team on two levels: how good it should be this season and how much shame it has brought its supporters. Southern Miss is positioned in the “Admirable/Powerhouse” quadrant of the “Grid” among 25 programs, including those at Vanderbilt, Georgia and Michigan.]
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Arc Showstoppers put on fun, festive fundraiser
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget