Southern Miss, INFINITY Science Center Create Unique Partnership | Schools
Children and visitors of the INFINITY Science Center in Hancock County will benefit greatly from a new agreement between the science center and The University of Southern Mississippi.
On Feb. 15, a memorandum of understanding was signed by Dr. Gordon Cannon, vice provost for research at Southern Miss, and George Schloegel, chairman of INFINITY, partnering both institutions to allow for greater educational opportunities.
“Taking the science, mathematics and technical side of what we are doing at Stennis, in combination with our partnership with Southern Miss, we are going to touch a lot of lives,” said Schloegel. “By focusing on the classroom, this partnership creates the perfect marriage. With Southern Miss as our university in south Mississippi and Stennis’ location in south Mississippi, we are joined at the hip geographically and now we are joined at the hip through science and technology.”
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Fully-loaded tanker-trailer cleared from Highway 49
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget