Annual All-South Band features more than 250 young musicians | Schools
Each year during February, high school students from throughout the southeastern United States convene on The University of Southern Mississippi campus to enjoy an inspiring, music-filled weekend.
The Southern Miss School of Music will host more than 250 students Feb. 7 - 10 during the All-South Honor Band weekend. For many talented students, simply taking part in their own school’s band program is not enough. All-South provides the perfect environment for high school students who crave more knowledge and opportunities to play.
Organized by Dr. Catherine Rand, director of bands at Southern Miss, the clinic boasts students from Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, Texas and Virginia. Concerts by numerous School of Music ensembles highlight the weekend that culminates in performances by the students of All-South.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked