Southern Miss Marketing students part of winning Startup Team | Schools
University of Southern Mississippi marketing seniors Chelsea Thomas and Mikel Mangipano were part of a team that captured first place honors in the 2nd Annual Startup Weekend competition held Jan. 18-20 in Jackson.
Thomas and Mangipano joined forces with four other budding entrepreneurs to form AudiTour™, a mobile application that allows a user to not only experience, but also help create an audio journey comprised of stories, facts, history, urban legends and guides – all based on geographic location.
“When they called our name I really could not believe it,” said Thomas, a Carriere, Miss., native. “I just remember being so happy that one of my best friends, Mikel, was there with me to humbly accept our victory. I couldn’t stop smiling.”
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- HPD investigate series of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Midday Guest: Markita Barnett with Triumph over Adversity
- Arc Showstoppers put on fun, festive fundraiser
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked