Vanderbilt Genetics Specialist speaks at WCU | Schools
The following is a press release from William Carey University:
Dr. Randall Harris (foreground), associate professor of biology at William Carey University and faculty co-advisor for the university's Mississippi Beta Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society, listens as Dr. Rizwan Hamid, associate professor of pediatrics and cancer genetics at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., answers questions following Hamid's lecture at the Carey Collegium on Jan. 17.
Hamid's lecture, titled "The Impending Genetic Revolution and How It Will Change Your Life," discussed the future of genomics, or the study of the human genome. The Collegium was presented by Carey's Alpha Chi chapter, an organization for students who have achieved top academic honors.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget