Southern Miss HEADWAE Recipients to Be Honored in Jackson on Feb. 26 | Schools
A faculty member with an exemplary record of research and service in public health and an Honors College student heading to medical school are The University of Southern Mississippi’s recipients of the annual Higher Education Appreciation Day, Working for Academic Excellence award.
Dr. Amal Mitra, a professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at Southern Miss, and senior John Caleb Grenn of Hattiesburg are recipients of the HEADWAE Outstanding Faculty and Student Awards. They will be recognized by the Mississippi Legislature and at a luncheon Feb. 26 in Jackson.
HEADWAE was established by Mississippi Legislative Resolution to annually honor the academically talented students and faculty members of each of the state’s higher education institutions who have made outstanding contributions in promoting academic excellence.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Midday Guest: Markita Barnett with Triumph over Adversity
- Arc Showstoppers put on fun, festive fundraiser
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Jones County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked