NCS4 hosts Board Summit for Professional and College Sports Leagues | Schools
The National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security at The University of Southern Mississippi, along with the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Nascar, U.S. Olympic Committee, Division I College Sports and other professional leagues, gathered in New York recently to show their commitment to strengthening safety and security at America’s venues.
Former National Basketball Association star Earvin “Magic” Johnson accepted the role as Honorary Chair of NCS4’s National Certification Development Commission at a time when safety and security in spectator sports, on and off the field, is paramount.
NCS4 is working closely with eVerifile, a leader in workforce risk management solutions, to develop new certifications designated for all professional, collegiate, high school and amateur sports organizations, with the intention of addressing preparedness, prevention, response and continuity efforts at sports venues.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked