Southern Miss faculty present work at 2012 Research Day Program | Schools
Members of The University of Southern Mississippi faculty from across disciplines shared highlights of their research with audiences, Nov. 9 during the annual University Research Day program. The event was held at the Thad Cochran Center on the Hattiesburg campus.
In addition to formal presentations by select faculty honorees, more than 50 poster presentations detailing research projects were also made available by professors and instructors for members of the university community to examine.
“The whole notion of dedicating a day to celebrating research at the university is a great idea,” said Dr. Stan Kuczaj, professor of psychology and recipient of the 2012 Basic Research Award. “It’s an opportunity to not only to discuss our own work, but learn what our colleagues are doing. It also shows that our administration is supportive of a variety of research initiatives.”
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Sumrall woman delivers afghan blankets to Collins veterans
- Suspect charged after string of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Salvation Army collects for Christmas Angels
- C Spire launches next phase of its fiber to the home initiative: Homeowner Pre-Registration for 100 times faster internet
- Mississippi Supreme Court ruling stands in soccer cases against USM
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked