Southern Miss School of Social Work prepares for Fall Colloquium | Schools
The University of Southern Mississippi School of Social Work will sponsor its Fall Colloquium -- “New Directions in Trauma Treatment: Implications for Social Work Policy and Practice” on Nov. 16 at the Thad Cochran Center on the Hattiesburg campus.
The colloquium is set to run from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and has been approved for 4.5 continuing education hours. Registration is $35, which includes lunch and the CE hours. The cost is $10 (and includes lunch) for Southern Miss Social Work students.
Keynote speaker will be Southern Miss Professor Emeritus Raymond Scurfield, an international expert Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and the author of numerous books on trauma.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Midday Guest: Lou Ellen Adams with Petal Relay For Life
- Midday Guest: Kerry Camille and Kim Pittman with JA Pennington's Night Out
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget