FCA Director speaks to Carey Scholars | Schools
The following is a press release from William Carey University:
Mitch Williams, director of the Pine Belt Area Fellowship of Christian Athletes, spoke to Carey Scholars during their monthly Honors Colloquium on Sept. 14 at 9:25 a.m.
A native of Hattiesburg, Williams recently retired from his position as sports director at WDAM after serving 27 years at the station. Under his leadership, WDAM was winner of Mississippi’s Best Sportscast in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2009. Prior to working at WDAM, Williams graduated from The University of Southern Mississippi, where he was a member of the track team and inducted into the university’s athletic hall of fame in 2001. He and his wife Sheila have four sons.
Carey Scholars are select students chosen to be part of the Presidential Honors Program based on academic excellence. The 2012 – 2013 Carey Scholars number 77, with 22 of those being freshmen.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Midday Guest: Lou Ellen Adams with Petal Relay For Life
- Midday Guest: Kerry Camille and Kim Pittman with JA Pennington's Night Out
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget