Six Join Southern Miss School of Mass Communication and Journalism Faculty | Schools
Six new faculty members bring a combination of professional experience and academic training to the Southern Miss School of Mass Communication and Journalism for the 2012-13 academic year.
*Visiting Associate Professor Cindy Blackwell previously served as an associate professor of agricultural communication at Oklahoma State University, where she co-directed four major grant projects, including one in which her team assisted with the education and development of media specialists in Mali, West Africa. She holds a master’s and Ph.D. from Texas A&M and a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Texas at Austin. She is teaching in the undergraduate and master’s programs in public relations and is advising The Agency at Southern Miss, the school’s student-operated advertising and public relations firm.
*Visiting Instructor Maya Champion earned a BFA at New York University’s highly regarded film program and an MFA in film at Columbia University. She has worked as a television and film producer and writer in New York. She also has a master’s degree in secondary English education from the University of Alabama and has worked as a school teacher. She is teaching film studies and scriptwriting.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM WEBSITE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Midday Guest: Markita Barnett with Triumph over Adversity
- Arc Showstoppers put on fun, festive fundraiser
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Jones County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked