Washington Monthly ranks Southern Miss among nation’s top 70 | Schools
Washington Monthly magazine has recognized The University of Southern Mississippi among the nation’s top 70 institutions of higher learning for “best value” in its 2012 College Guide and Rankings.
Southern Miss occupies the highest spot among the state’s eight major universities with a No. 69 ranking. Mississippi State University comes in at No. 96, while the University of Mississippi ranks No. 196.
The magazine rates colleges and universities on their contributions to the public good in three broad categories: Social Mobility (recruiting and graduating low-income students); Research (producing cutting-edge scholarships and PhDs) and Service (encouraging students to give back to their country).
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM WEBSITE.
Top Lamar County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Petal and Hattiesburg residents voice opinions on sewer rates
- Student Affairs at Southern Miss Awards Comcast Scholarships
- Hattiesburg increasing sewer rates for Petal and Lamar County
- Soldier killed in Iraq honored during Shelby ceremony
- Over 20 Hattiesburg teachers lose their jobs; Lamar County Schools lack funding