School Board management style, student achievement correlation examined | Schools
Does a school board’s management style play a significant role in student academic achievement?
That’s the question University of Southern Mississippi educational leadership professor Dr. David Lee and some of his graduate students hope to answer through a research project examining correlations between high and low-achieving school districts and the behavior, decisions and personalities of the boards that govern them.
The project looks at select school boards in every state, with a mix of high and low achieving districts from each. Most boards are required by law to have their meetings documented, including through videotape and transcript, and Lee’s group has been able to find many online.
For more on this article go to the USM WEBSITE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man dies near scene of car collision with his horse as home burns
- Laundry service to bring jobs to Marion County
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy