Memorial service Aug. 25 for Dana Ragsdale, Professor Emeritus of Music | Schools
A memorial service will be held Aug. 25 at 10:30 a.m. at The Episcopal Church of the Ascension in Hattiesburg for Dr. Dana Ragsdale, professor emeritus in The University of Southern Mississippi School of Music, who died Aug. 1 at her residence. She was 66.
Ragsdale was a member of the Southern Miss faculty from 1974 until 2010, where she taught piano, harpsichord, and graduate courses in baroque performance practices. She founded the Southern Arts Pro Music, an ensemble featuring performances on original/period instruments of the Renaissance and Baroque musical periods.
Dr. Steven Moser, dean of the Southern Miss College of Arts and Letters, said his earliest memory of Ragsdale was of her attending marching band rehearsals after he joined the university as director of the Pride of Mississippi in 1990.
For more on this article click on the USM WEBSITE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment