Three Southern Miss transfer students receive Jubilee Scholarships | Schools
Three Pine Belt area transfer students have received full scholarships to The University of Southern Mississippi through the University’s Jubilee Scholarship Program.
Sarah “Katie” Folkes is a recent graduate of Jones County Junior College; Jaci Aymond earned her two-year degree from Pearl River Community College, while Hayley Moreland graduated from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
The scholarships are payable over two years and funded by the Jubilee Scholarship Program which was established in 2009 following an anonymous donation of $6 million to the University. Among the few stipulations of the donation were that: 1) much of the money be used for women and minority students and 2) that the donor must remain anonymous.
For more on this article, click on the USM WEBSITE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- C Spire to bring ultra-fast 1 Gbps internet service to Hattiesburg
- Hattiesburg Police Department hope for low crime rates as 2013 comes to a close
- Seminary Beta students go caroling at Hattiesburg hospitals
- HHS burglaries prompt school officials to replace security cameras
- Hattiesburg garbage truck fire extinguished on Highway 98
- Marion County man dies near scene of car collision with his horse as home burns
- Laundry service to bring jobs to Marion County
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy