Top-10 list helps Southern Miss freshmen prepare for college experience | Schools
To be completely prepared for the 2012-13 academic year, Ashley Cangelosi, the manager of Transition Programs in the Office of the First Year Experience at The University of Southern Mississippi, offers important advice for incoming freshmen.
Starting the first year of college can be all too intimidating; the unfamiliar territory of navigating classes and socializing among new peers is a bit overwhelming. However, the Office of FYE is available to help make the transition to becoming a Golden Eagle something to look forward to rather than fear.
“The Office of First Year Experience is excited to welcome our new students to The University of Southern Mississippi, and we look forward to working with these students as we help guide them through a successful first year,” said Cangelosi.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Suspect charged after string of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Salvation Army collects for Christmas Angels
- Sumrall woman delivers afghan blankets to Collins veterans
- C Spire launches next phase of its fiber to the home initiative: Homeowner Pre-Registration for 100 times faster internet
- Mississippi Supreme Court ruling stands in soccer cases against USM
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked