Southern Miss offers True South Economic Development course Sept. 17-20 | Schools
The University of Southern Mississippi Department of Economic and Workforce Development is offering the True South Economic Development Course Sept. 17-20 on the Hattiesburg campus.
In a four-day format, the introductory course exposes participants to the fundamentals and practice of creating jobs, increasing wealth, improving a community’s tax base and enhancing its quality of life. Course credit can go toward the department’s master’s degree in economic development or in fulfilling one of the prerequisites for the Certified Economic Developer designation.
For more on this article, click on the USM WEBSITE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked