TRIAD hosts One-Night Camping event for youth | Schools
When you think of a camping trip in the Mississippi summer, most people automatically think hot, hot and hot.
For a group of young leaders with and without disabilities, heat was not an issue for their summer camping trip since they had an indoor camp-out combined with a wet weekend of fun. The one-night camping event, held last month, was hosted by the TRIAD Service AmeriCorps members and the Technology Learning Center, both a part of the Institute for Disability Studies on The University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park campus in Long Beach.
“The TRIAD service members have put an emphasis on increasing recreational opportunities for people with disabilities,” notes TRIAD coordinator Dr. Jerry R. Alliston. “They want youth with disabilities to have fun activities and choices throughout the year such as this camping trip.”
For more on this article click HERE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked