Southern Miss Student selected for Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship | Schools
University of Southern Mississippi student Courtney Smith and Mississippi State University student Clifford P. Hutt have been selected to participate in the highly competitive John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship. They were nominated for the program through the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium.
The Knauss Fellowship is sponsored by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s National Sea Grant College Program and is located in Washington, D.C. The program focuses on the federal enforcement, creation and implementation of policies that govern coastal, oceanic, and Great Lakes resources.
Smith and Hutt, along with 51 other fellows, will spend a year as Knauss fellows in either a legislative or executive office learning how marine issues are handled at the federal level. Both will be formally assigned to an executive office during a weeklong placement event in December and will begin the fellowship in February 2013.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man dies near scene of car collision with his horse as home burns
- Laundry service to bring jobs to Marion County
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy