Newman named chair of Community Health Sciences at Southern Miss | Schools
Dr. Ray Newman, a longtime health care executive and higher education scholar, has been named chair of the Department of Community Health Sciences at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Newman has served as a visiting professor at Southern Miss for the past three years in health policy and administration. Dr. Emmanuel Ahua had served as interim chair of the department since Dr. James McGuire stepped down in May, 2011.
“My primary objective in this new role is to provide leadership and strategic management for the department in planning for the future and creating an environment for faculty to be successful in supporting the mission of the university,” said Newman, a former Naval officer who completed two tours during the Vietnam War.
For more on this article click HERE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man dies near scene of car collision with his horse as home burns
- Laundry service to bring jobs to Marion County
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy