Southern Miss faculty, staff gift-giving campaign surpasses goal | Schools
With 32 percent of full time University employees making gifts to The University of Southern Mississippi Foundation, the 2012 Campaign for Southern Miss has exceeded its goal.
The Campaign, which was an effort to increase the number of Southern Miss faculty and staff that give back to the University through the USM Foundation, began on July 1 and will end on June 30.
The USM Foundation announced the participation rate to campaign donors and volunteers at a reception held on June 19 at Southern Miss Gulf Coast. A reception for Hattiesburg campus donors and volunteers was held on June 21. The 32 percent participation rate is believed to be the highest of any public university in Mississippi, according to Bob Pierce, vice president for university advancement and executive director of the USM Foundation.
For more on this article click HERE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment