Campus live oak transformed into Golden Eagle by chainsaw artist | People
Dayton Scoggins, left, a chainsaw artist from Columbia, Miss. and his son Kenny pose with a live oak the two carved into a golden eagle Nov. 17 on The University of Southern Mississippi's Hattiesburg campus. The tree, located next to Walker Science Building and across from the R.C. Cook University Union, was to be cut down because of disease but now has new purpose in the form of the university's mascot.
To view the original article, click HERE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment