Hattiesburg church hosts conference with former “Biggest Loser” contestant | News
HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM)- Temple Baptist Church Women's
Ministry held a brunch and conference Saturday morning with Abby Rike.
Dozens of women from around the area attended the
event to listen to former ‘Biggest Loser' contestant Abby Rike's testimony.
Rike lost her husband and children in a fatal car
accident in 2006, and it wasn't until three years later that she decided there
was more living to do and went on NBC's hit reality series "The Biggest Loser"
and lost 100 pounds.
As Rike continues her healthy lifestyle she feels
compelled to share with others what she's experience firsthand and how she is a
living example that even in your darkest hour, there is always hope.
"I want people to know that you can know joy despite
hideous circumstances," said Abby Rike. "It doesn't matter what's going on in
your life, there is hope for the hopeless."
For more information on Abby Rike, click HERE.
Copyright 2013 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment