Oak Grove Primary teams with Ashley Furniture for Homes for Hope | News
LAMAR COUNTY, MS (WDAM)- First graders from Oak Grove Primary have teamed with Ashley Furniture Home Store to help Homes for Hope for Children.
The first graders were at the Hattiesburg store to kick off their canned food drive. Each of the students had hand made ornaments to place on the Christmas trees inside the store. They also placed canned goods and non-perishable foods under the tree.
Ashley Furniture has partnered with Oak Grove Primary for the last five years in conducting the food drive for Homes for Hope. Store owner Bo Pennebaker says their hoping to collect 1500 canned goods during this years drive.
"Homes of Hope is kind of near and dear to us. For every mattress we sell, we donate $5 to their ministry," said Pennebaker. "We support them emphatically and so it makes sense to fill their commissary. They feed 14-children a year a year and that can be quite a bit."
Canned goods can be dropped off at the store until Dec. 19.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked