Lamar County Baptist Association holding food drive | News
HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM)- The Lamar County Baptist Association is holding a food drive Saturday to benefit needy county residents.
Canned goods and non-perishable foods will be collected at Ramey's in Lumberton and the Corner Markets in Oak Grove and Belleview.
The association operates a food pantry that helps about five families a week by giving them a weeks supply of food. As well as food, assistance is also given in the way of clothing, furniture, household items, and appliances,
Families needing assistance should contact the mission center.
"The hours of operation are Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. till noon," said Dr. Danny Henderson Association Director. "The number is 601-268-6978 and someone will take the appointment."
Donations will be accepted at the three stores, Saturday, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Suspect charged after string of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Salvation Army collects for Christmas Angels
- Sumrall woman delivers afghan blankets to Collins veterans
- C Spire launches next phase of its fiber to the home initiative: Homeowner Pre-Registration for 100 times faster internet
- Mississippi Supreme Court ruling stands in soccer cases against USM
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked