Change your clock, change your batteries | News
HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM)- Come Sunday morning it's time to fall back and set
clocks back one hour to return to Standard Time.
Along with the time change, the Jones County Fire
Council also recommend everyone to use the occasion as a reminder to also
change the batteries to their smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
"We've had several occasions where batteries were
dead, people just did not change their batteries and they barely escaped with
their lives," said Jones County Fire Coordinator Dan McKenna.
According to the National Fire Protection
Association, almost two-thirds of home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes
with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
have difficulty changing the batteries to your detectors contact your local
fire department for assistance or call 601-428-3187.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man dies near scene of car collision with his horse as home burns
- Laundry service to bring jobs to Marion County
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy