Former Southern Miss coach defends Ellis Johnson, rips Larry Fedora | News
It has been a tough season for Southern Miss, sitting at 0-8 on the season.
But Ellis Johnson gained at least one more loud supporter on Tuesday: former USM coach P.W. Underwood, who was on the weekly radio show and defended Johnson, while taking a shot at former coach Larry Fedora.
"I played out there at the University of Southern Mississippi, and I coached out there for 10 years, and I coached at Auburn. Do you know what their record is right now? They've won one game and lost the rest of them, and they were the national champs two years ago," Underwood said. "Football is football, and Fedora was a dang cheerleader. He wasn't a coach. He didn't have any discipline, and we've played as many top 20 teams (this year) as he played in four years. He played two SEC games.
To read more on this article, click HERE to go to the article on coachingsearch.com.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget