First Canvases for a Cure fundraiser wraps up at FGH | News
HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM)- A three-day fund raising event to fight breast cancer wrapped up at Forrest General Hospital's Cancer Center Wednesday.
Final bids were accepted in the first, Canvases for a Cure.
About 60 paintings were up for auction, with all proceeds benefitting the Cancer Center through the Forrest General Hospital Foundation.
They were painted by Forrest General Hospital's Spirit Girls and members of the Southern Miss Panhellenic Council.
"Ultimately, it's not about the money, it's more about what it's doing for the patients and all the visitors here at the Cancer Center...just a ray of happiness and sunshine as they walk in and just a symbolism of hope," said Jennifer Gunn, Spirit Girls coordinator at Forrest General Hospital.
Bidding began on Monday.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget