Southern Miss Professor inducted into American Academy of Nursing | News
Dr. Rowena Elliott, associate professor in the College of Nursing at The University of Southern Mississippi, has been inducted as a Fellow in the prestigious American Academy of Nursing.
Elliott, who also serves as director of the Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Program at Southern Miss, was recognized during the Academy’s 39th Annual Meeting and Conference held earlier this month in Washington, D.C.
“This recognition is one of the most rewarding honors that any nurse can receive,” said Elliott. “To me, it is a public appreciation for all of the hard work, sleepless nights and endless dedication to your profession. I am blessed, humbled and honored to become a Fellow and continue the work to advance the profession of nursing.”
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked