Former mayor of Lumberton dies | News
LUMBERTON, MS (WDAM)- The former mayor of Lumberton passed away on Friday.
Larry Strahan, 73, died Friday of complications following heart bypass surgery.
Strahan was mayor of Lumberton from 2008 to 2009, succeeding Aaron Lott. Strahan was then defeated by current mayor Miriam Holder in 2009.
Funeral services are set for 10 a.m. Tuesday at Olive Baptist Church in Lumberton.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked