Fiber Art and Quilt Show take over Hub City | News
HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM)- The Pine Belt Quilters presented their 14th show at the Lake Terrace Convention Center October 5 – 7.
One of the unique features of the show is the Hattiesburg Visitor Center Challenge, in which participants must produce a quilt using the theme "Find Your True South".
"This is our largest show in the state. We put this show on every two years to show the public what is being done in the field of quilting," said Co-Chair Gloria Green. "Our goal is to maintain the interest of quilting, the interest in historic quilts and hopefully to groom a few new quilters."
Quilters from more than 65 cities in five states entered a total of 400 quilts to compete for special recognition in the judged show.
"I think the thing that always impresses me is the absolute, unbelievable, creativity of the human spirit. Everyone is different, everyone is special in its own way," said Green.
General information and details about the show are available HERE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked