Hattiesburg Train Depot all aboard with toys | News
HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM)- Sculptors
around the Southeast area are showcasing their childhood toys using materials
related to railroading. Open and free to the public, The Train Depot began
celebrating its centennial anniversary 3 years ago with a sculpture exhibit.
is our third year to do the all aboard sculpture exhibit and our theme this
year is toys and it's really been fun the past few days since we've opened,"
said Betsy Rowell.
can stop by and view the exhibit Wednesday – Sunday and have the chance to vote
for their favorite sculpture next Saturday during the Art Walk October 13.
of the pieces are interactive and it's been great fun. We've actually have had
people at place, so it's working," said Rowell.
Just like Spikeman, who sits in front of the depot, Visit Hattiesburg,
The Hattiesburg Arts Council, The Downtown Association, and The City of
Hattiesburg will collaborate to purchase one of the toy pieces to add to the
Hattiesburg Downtown area.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Salvation Army collects for Christmas Angels
- Suspect charged after string of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Sumrall woman delivers afghan blankets to Collins veterans
- C Spire launches next phase of its fiber to the home initiative: Homeowner Pre-Registration for 100 times faster internet
- Mississippi Supreme Court ruling stands in soccer cases against USM
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked