Police suspect new serial robber on the loose | News
HATTIESBURG (WDAM)- Hattiesburg police may have another serial armed robber on the loose.
The suspect is believed to be same the same person who hit the Keith's Superstore on Old Highway 11 and the Fast Track Station on Oak Grove Road over the weekend.
In both instances, the suspect displayed a handgun and demanded money from the cashier. He is described as a black male, around 6-feet-tall, in his early 20s, and dark-skinned.
He is dressed differently, but police believe it may be the same person who robbed a Dollar General store on Highway 49 north at gunpoint Monday night.
If you have any information about these robberies, contact Hattiesburg police at 601-545-4971. This is the second rash of armed robberies in recent weeks. Police arrested two Waynesboro men in early September who are being tied to at least a dozen robberies in Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Lamar county.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Sumrall woman delivers afghan blankets to Collins veterans
- Suspect charged after string of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Salvation Army collects for Christmas Angels
- C Spire launches next phase of its fiber to the home initiative: Homeowner Pre-Registration for 100 times faster internet
- Mississippi Supreme Court ruling stands in soccer cases against USM
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked