University of Southern Mississippi Multi-use Pathway Project | News
The following is a press release from the Mississippi Department of Transportation:
MDOT has awarded Southern Miss with $675,000 in TE funding to construct a pedestrian corridor along the center of campus.
The planned improvements will include a pathway able to accommodate walking, jogging, and cycling. This project will help provide for safe access onto and throughout the campus and will include brick paving, decorative lighting, benches, bike racks, trash receptacles and emergency call stations.
The project will be Americans with Disabilities Act compliant and will feature landscaping and irrigation along the corridor.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Arc Showstoppers put on fun, festive fundraiser
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget