Hattiesburg man pleads guilty to manslaughter and aggravated assault | News
LAMAR COUNTY, MS (WDAM)- A Hattiesburg man was sentenced to two 20-year prison terms after he pleaded guilty in circuit court in Lamar County Friday morning.
Thirty-one-year old Omora Gibson was charged with murder in the July 2010 shooting death of 26-year-old Wayne Kennedy Davis and the wounding of a unidentified 24-year-old-man. The shooting took place at an apartment complex off Weathersby Road in the County near the Hattiesburg City line.
After the murders Gibson fled the state to Chicago. He was arrested there by U.S. marshals in March of 2011.
Circuit Court Judge Tony Mozingo ordered the sentences to run consecutively.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget