Hattiesburg couple enjoys Dream Wedding Giveaway | News
HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM)- A Hattiesburg couple had their dream of a perfect wedding come true Saturday afternoon, thanks to Forrest General Hospital's Spirit of Women and Canebrake Country Club. Bart and Lindsey Ferrell, who were winners of the 2nd annual, Dream Wedding Giveaway, were married this afternoon at St. Thomas Catholic Church in Hattiesburg. They then attended a large reception at Canebrake.
Back in March, the couple were announced as the Dream Wedding Giveaway winners on WDAM after receiving the most votes in an online contest. The giveaway, valued at more than $26,000, also included a honeymoon trip to Paris.
"We really appreciate it," said Bart Ferrell. "It definitely wouldn't have been happening without all those voting for us and it's really great to know that we're loved that much and (voters) were out there thinking about us and wanting this for us," he said.
"We've got everybody here that we love, that loves us, that we want to spend this day with and it's really great to be here at home," said Lindsey Ferrell.
The couple plans to reside in Lafayette, Louisiana.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Arc Showstoppers put on fun, festive fundraiser
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget