Woman allegedly attempts to drown baby | News
PURVIS, MS (WDAM)- A Purvis woman has allegedly attempted to drown her 3-month-old baby.
Wednesday morning, Mary Elizabeth Booker allegedly carried her baby to a neighbor's pool, and submerged the baby for at least 15 minutes. The owner of the pool called police, and upon their arrival the baby was unresponsive.
The baby was then transported to Forrest General Hospital where medics were able to revive the baby, who remains in critical condition at UMC in Jackson.
Booth has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget