Lamar County ranks 10th in housing market growth | News
LAMAR COUNTY, MS (WDAM)- According to a recent census, Lamar County ranks 10th out of 100 of the fastest-growing housing markets in America.
Hattiesburg Area Association of Realtors President Carol Downing says the growth is due to excellent schools, satellite medical facilities, and recreation in the area.
"It's not just the Oak Grove area, it's Sumrall, Purvis and all the new subdivisions being built in all these areas," said Downing.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Midday Guest: Lou Ellen Adams with Petal Relay For Life
- Midday Guest: Kerry Camille and Kim Pittman with JA Pennington's Night Out
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget