Flu shots still available for students, employees at Southern Miss | Health
Indications are that the country’s extensive influenza outbreak has peaked, but members of The University of Southern Mississippi community are being warned to keep their guards up.
Jodi Ryder, Southern Miss health education and promotion coordinator, says that the campus clinic is seeing only sporadic cases of the flu since students returned from the holiday break. But she emphasizes the importance of taking proper precautions until the threat has officially ceased.
“Because we are in such a close-knit environment on a college campus, we really encourage students, faculty and staff to get vaccinated to protect themselves,” said Ryder. “The flu season isn’t over yet, so anyone who has not yet been vaccinated is encouraged to take precautions and get their flu shot.”
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment