Southern Miss Food and Nutrition Department recognized on national level | Health
The University of Southern Mississippi‘s Department of Nutrition and Food Systems recently participated in the filming of a national video for The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at the Mississippi Food Network in Jackson.
A production crew from Chicago filmed the student interns as they packed boxes of food for families in need. The video was featured in the opening ceremonies of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Annual Food and Nutrition National Conference and Expo.
“It opens their eyes to the issue of food insecurity in a way that cannot be accomplished through a class lecture,” said Assistant Chair and Associate Professor Elaine Molaison. “Having our program highlighted on a national level was overwhelming. We know that the Southern Miss dietetic internship is exemplary, but now the word is out at the national level. It is especially gratifying to see that a collaboration that started as a mutual benefit was recognized as a model program.”
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget