Forrest General Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs Certified by Industry Leader | Health
Forrest General Hospital’s LiveWell Center is proud to announce the recertification of its Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation programs by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. CardioPulmonary Rehabilitation was recognized for its commitment to improving patients’ quality of life by enhancing standards of care.
Cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation programs are designed to help people with cardiovascular problems (e.g. heart attacks, coronary artery bypass graft surgery, etc.) and pulmonary problems (e.g. chronic obstructive pulmonary disease – COPD, respiratory symptoms, etc.) recover faster and improve their quality of life. Both programs include exercise, education, counseling and support for patients and their families.
Forrest General’s CardioPulmonary Rehabilitation program participated in the one month application process requiring extensive documentation of the program’s practices. The AACVPR Program Certification is the only peer-reviewed accreditation process designed to review individual programs for adherence to standards and guidelines developed and published by the AACVPR and other professional societies. Each program is reviewed by the AACVPR National Certification Committee and certification is awarded by the AACVPR Board of Directors.
Certified AACVPR programs are recognized as leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation because they offer the most advanced practices available. AACVPR Program Certification is valid for three years.
For more information on Forrest General’s Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, call FGH OnCall at 1-800-844-4445.
Founded in 1985, the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a multidisciplinary organization dedicated to the mission of reducing morbidity, mortality and disability from cardiovascular and pulmonary disease through education, prevention, rehabilitation, research and disease management. Central to the core mission is improvement in quality of life for patients and their families.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Fully-loaded tanker-trailer cleared from Highway 49
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget