Kelly Reid named South Mississippi State Hospital Human Resources Director | Health
The following is a press release from South Mississippi State Hospital:
Kelly Reid, who has served as Personnel Officer at South Mississippi State Hospital since November 2007, was recently promoted to Human Resources Director.
South Mississippi State Hospital is a 50-bed acute care facility in Purvis that offers mental health treatment and services for adults in the southern part of the state.
Reid is a native of Wiggins. She attended Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and Mississippi State University before beginning her career in human resources at Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg.
Reid was chosen SMSH Employee of the Quarter for the third quarter of 2010. During the EOQ selection process, she was commended for her communication skills as well as her willingness to help whenever and wherever needed. Reid headed more than one planning committee for the hospital's ten-year anniversary celebration in June 2010 and has also been instrumental in initiating and implementing multiple fund-raisers for Friends of SMSH.
“Kelly is a key asset to the South Mississippi State Hospital Leadership team,” said Clint Ashley, SMSH Director. “She has moved into her new role seamlessly and has the knowledge and skills to take our human resources department to a higher level. She exemplifies all of the SMSH values and is one of the most supportive members of our Friends of SMSH Organization.”
Reid is a member of the Human Resources Administration Society of the Mississippi Hospital Association, the South Mississippi Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management, and Friends of South Mississippi State Hospital.
In her spare time, Reid enjoys spending time with family and friends, reading, gardening, cooking and traveling.
For further information, please call Donna Simmons at 601-794-0219.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget