Boil Water Notice for Lamar County | Health
The following is a press release from the Arnold Line Water Association:
Arnold Line Water Association is issuing a Boil-Water Alert for customers who receive their drinking water from their water supply located in Lamar County.
This affects approximately 200 customers in the Trace and Shadow Ridge Division.
Water systems officials notified the Mississippi State Department of Health of a pressure loss due to one or more line breaks.
When a distribution system loses pressure, contaminants can siphon back into the water. Public health officials consider any system that loses pressure contaminated until tests prove otherwise. Health officials strongly recommend that all water be boiled vigorously for one minute before it is consumed. The water system will be notified when tests show that the water is safe to drink.
For more information call the 601-576-7518 or the Epidemiology hot-line at 601-576-7400.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment