College of Health, Hattiesburg Clinic To Present Spring Forum Series | Events
The College of Health at The University of Southern Mississippi has partnered with Hattiesburg Clinic to present the 2013 Spring Forum Series titled: “Mississippi’s Health, Mississippi’s Future.”
The series begins on March 5 with the program, “The Evolution of Health Care: What Does a Modern Health Workforce Look Like?” This forum, set for 5:30 p.m. in the Thad Cochran Center Ballroom, will examine several health professions in Mississippi, the ongoing changes needed to provide care for all population segments and the controversy surrounding expansion away from traditional care models.
Nothing can top health care as a “front-burner” issue today in Mississippi or the nation,” said Dr. Mike Forster, dean of the Southern Miss College of Health. “The partnership between Hattiesburg Clinic and College of Health to produce the Spring Forum Series – open to the entire community and not just the university – is more timely, and more important, than ever.”
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Fully-loaded tanker-trailer cleared from Highway 49
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget