USM Center for Writers hosts Spring Visiting Writer Series | Events
The Center for Writers at The University of Southern Mississippi will host the first of two readings by visiting writers on Feb. 8 at 8 p.m. in the International Center Room 101.
Don Bogen is the author of four collections of poetry, most recently An Algebra, as well as A Necessary Order: Theodore Roethke and the Writing Process. He is the Nathaniel Ropes Professor of English and Comparative Literature at the University of Cincinnati and the poetry editor of the Cincinnati Review.
Bogen is the recipient of Fulbright Awards in Spain and at the Seamus Heaney Poetry Centre of Queen's University-Belfast; his awards include the Associated Writing Programs Anniversary Awards Grand Prize, a Poetry Society of America Emily Dickinson Award, fellowships from Yaddo and Carmago Foundations, grants from the Ingram Merrill Foundation and the NEA.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Suspect charged after string of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Salvation Army collects for Christmas Angels
- Sumrall woman delivers afghan blankets to Collins veterans
- C Spire launches next phase of its fiber to the home initiative: Homeowner Pre-Registration for 100 times faster internet
- Mississippi Supreme Court ruling stands in soccer cases against USM
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked