USM Coca Cola Classic Rodeo features legendary clown Harris | Events
The “Greatest Show on Dirt” is coming to Hattiesburg as the Department of Recreational Sports at The University of Southern Mississippi hosts the 28th Annual Southern Miss Coca-Cola Classic Rodeo Feb. 15-16 at the Forrest County Multipurpose Center .
Lecile Harris, six-time Pro Rodeo Clown of the Year, will once again be making an appearance at the rodeo. Harris, a 50-year rodeo veteran, works nearly 125 performances a year at the world’s biggest rodeos.
Harris entered the rodeo scene as a bullfighter in the 1950’s and 60’s and helped transform the sport from thrill show to the skillful art it is today. He has also worked on various TV shows including a regular role on “HEE HAW” and movies like “The Last Days of Frank and Jesse James” and “W.W. and the Dixie Dance Kings” with Burt Reynolds.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Top Lamar County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hattiesburg residents speak out on immigration bill
- Thriffiley New Director-Liaison for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- USM halts tornado relief in deference to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Hattiesburg Sunrise Rotary Club gives $5000 to scouts
- Southern Miss halts solicitations for campus beautification campaign