Southern Miss’ Hinton selected for competitive Chemistry Program | Events
University of Southern Mississippi student Daniel Hinton, a senior chemistry major from Petal has been accepted into a new program called “Chemistry Opportunities" at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Chemistry Department.
According to Hinton, CHOPs invites 20-25 highly qualified prospective students to the UW-Madison Chemistry Department for an all-expense paid weekend to explore the chemistry graduate program.
In preparation of joining a graduate program, Hinton visited several universities and was “very happy to be accepted to this exclusive UW-Madison CHOPs event.” He says he “came back very impressed with the chemistry department at the University of Wisconsin” and plans to apply to the department’s graduate program.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked