Take a Chance Home Run Derby, August 10 | Events
On July 4 Chance Regan, an 11 year old Hattiesburg Dixie Youth Baseball player, along with his younger sister and brother lost their mother and father.
All proceeds from the derby will be deposited into the bank account that has been established at The First in the kids names to help with school supplies, clothes, and healthcare costs.
- Location: HDYB Larry Doleac Complex
- Date: August 10
- Time: Registration begins at 5:45 p.m.
- Opening prayer by Mitchell Williams of Fellowship of Christian Athletes at 6:20 p.m.
- Competition begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Trophies will be awarded for 5 Different age divisions: 8-12
- Players should register in the age division that they played in for 2012
- Players are also encouraged to wear their League, All Star, or Game uniform
- Players should bring favorite bat and helmet; no glove necessary
$25 entry fee
Only 30 hitters per age division
**Reserve your spot today by calling, texting, or emailing Chris Logan at 601-310-4006 or email: email@example.com
Entry fee can also be mailed to Chris Logan: 42 Alex Lane, Hattiesburg, MS 39402 or paid at time of registration
Volunteers are needed. If you would like help please call Chris.
We are also looking for corporate sponsors for each age division. Your company can become a sponsor for $200.
Special Guests Include:
- Southern Miss Legend Corky Palmer
- USM Head Coach Scott Berry
- Former Southern Miss player Kyle Logan
Concessions will be open for purchase
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Hattiesburg Police Department hope for low crime rates as 2013 comes to a close
- Seminary Beta students go caroling at Hattiesburg hospitals
- HHS burglaries prompt school officials to replace security cameras
- Hattiesburg garbage truck fire extinguished on Highway 98
- Midday Guests: Wendy and Houston Rhodes with the Seth Harris Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Marion County man dies near scene of car collision with his horse as home burns
- Laundry service to bring jobs to Marion County
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy