Local chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho sorority to host Annual Youth Symposium | Community Spirit
The following is press release from the Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority:
The women of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. have committed themselves to providing numerous opportunities to make a difference for youth and, each year, this commitment begins with the annual Youth Symposium. This year, Beta Chi Sigma Alumnae Chapter will host its Annual Youth Symposium, “H3: It’s All About Me – Healthy Choices, Healthy Living, Healthy Generations.” The event will take place on March 9 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Jackie Doyle Community Center.
The Youth Symposium is a national initiative of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. and is structured for 6th-12th grade students with the sole purpose of education and empowerment. The local Youth Symposium will feature a panel of motivational speakers, and authors. Panelists are eager to share their successes, failures and personal life experiences while encouraging youth to “SPEAK UP” and “SPEAK OUT.” In addition to the panel of distinguished guests, participants will be provided with lunch, entertainment, raffles & prizes. Further, each youth in attendance will receive a certificate of participation & a “Sigma Sack” filled with goodies and useful information to commemorate the event.
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority’s aim is to enhance the quality of life within the community. Public service, leadership development and education of youth are the hallmark of the organization’s programs and activities. Sigma Gamma Rho addresses concerns that impact society educationally, civically and economically. For more information on Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., please visit the national website at www.sgrho1922.org. Beta Chi Sigma Alumnae Chapter is comprised of professional women committed to the educational advancement of youth and the development of women. The chapter is located in Hattiesburg. For more information about Beta Chi Sigma Chapter or the local Youth Symposium please visit www.betachisigma.org.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Midday Guest: Lou Ellen Adams with Petal Relay For Life
- Midday Guest: Kerry Camille and Kim Pittman with JA Pennington's Night Out
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget