2nd Annual Pine Belt Area Ladies Hoop Fest | Community Spirit
The following is a press release from the City of Hattiesburg:
Pine Belt area female athletes will help to promote women’s health as part of a ladies’ basketball scrimmage October 27, at Ben McNair Center.
The Pine Belt Area Ladies Hoop Fest is scheduled for 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. in at the Ben McNair Center Gymnasium next to Hattiesburg High School. The event is hosted by The Repair S.H.O.P., Inc., a local non-profit organization ministering to the Spirit, Health, Outlook and Prospects for the future for people in depressed communities. The event is free and open to the public.
The day-long program will include scrimmages for girls and women of all ages, from kindergarteners to senior citizens. Between each game area healthcare providers and social services agencies will make presentations on a variety of topics, including breast cancer, heart disease, asthma, domestic violence, sexually transmitted diseases and mental health.
For more information see repairingpeople.com or call 225.921.0656.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget